Winter weather advisory issued for McHenry County

Freezing drizzle advisory for SD&G

Freezing drizzle advisory for SD&G

The flakes will fly Tuesday night into Wednesday morning with some accumulation anticipated. Temperatures will be in the mid to upper 40s today. Ice accumulations of a quarter-inch or more will make travel or outdoor activity extremely unsafe, especially on untreated surfaces.

The Kansas City area is under a winter weather advisory for a 24-hour period because patchy light freezing rain and drizzle are expected to start falling late Tuesday morning.

The icy build-up could be heavy enough to cause tree branches to break - further complicating things for motorists. With the temperature hovering steady around 4 C, it'll be warm for the season, and the fog should mostly dissipate by noon.

Environment Canada meteorologist Ryan Rozinski says an unusual temperature change will bring a high of zero later in the afternoon and evening, turning freezing rain to straight rain.

For Friday, expect mixed skies, a 60 per cent chance of snow and a high of -10 C. Overnight, there's a 40 per cent chance of flurries and low of -20 C. So this is going to be more of an ice event vs snow.

For Wednesday and Wednesday night, a weak low pressure system will arrive with a period of steady precipitation likely. Some sleet and snow may mix in as well, especially north of Milwaukee.

By next week, we may even be looking at more chances for snow.

Recommended News

  • Liverpool's Gomez may need surgery on broken leg: Klopp

    Liverpool's Gomez may need surgery on broken leg: Klopp

    Injuries may dictate the Hammers can not offer the kind of resistance most neutrals would like for the Monday night live game. However, that does mean James Milner has been drafted back into the side at right-back - and he responded by assisting Mane.
    How Chris Evans has Celebrated Past Super Bowls with New England Patriots

    How Chris Evans has Celebrated Past Super Bowls with New England Patriots

    Of the 10 highest-rated television programs in US history, nine were Super Bowls and one was the finale of "M.A.S.H". Khomyn has her Super Bowl gear ready, too. "I've got a long way to go to even be in the same category", McVay said.

    Groundhog Day: Punxsutawney Phil Predicts Early Spring

    And of course, there's always the Bill Murray classic move " Groundhog Day " if you need a refresher course. Members of Punxsutawney (puhnk-suh-TAW'-nee) Phil's inner circle revealed spring is coming early.
  • India's Predicted Playing XI for 1st T20I against New Zealand

    India's Predicted Playing XI for 1st T20I against New Zealand

    India who played terrific cricket in the ODI series was shocked in the fourth ODI when they were bowled out for just 92 runs. Hardik Pandya showed why he is considered a risky player when he smashed a match winning knock of 22 balls 45 runs.
    Gladys Knight Singing National Anthem in Super Bowl 2019 Performance

    Gladys Knight Singing National Anthem in Super Bowl 2019 Performance

    Amid the flak, the "Midnight Train to Georgia" diva defended her anthem appearance in a statement, saying, "I understand that Mr. The Atlanta native wowed the crowd with her rendition of the National Anthem at her hometown's Mercedes-Benz Stadium tonight.
    Cedric Marks escapes custody north of Houston, considered extremely risky

    Cedric Marks escapes custody north of Houston, considered extremely risky

    Maya Maxwell is charged with evidence tampering and is jailed in Bell County, Texas, on US$150,000 (NZ217,000) bond. Marks is wanted in connection to the murder of his ex-girlfriend Jenna Scott and her friend Michael Swearingin.
  • Pundit Reckons Hudson-Odoi Adamant on Chelsea Exit

    Pundit Reckons Hudson-Odoi Adamant on Chelsea Exit

    Liverpool also had a strong penalty claim waved away in the second half when Naby Keita was seemingly fouled by Ricardo Pereira. If I believe that the organisation in a team is everything, I can not change my mind.
    Pro-Abortion Virginia Del. Kathy Tran Turns On Gov. Northam

    Pro-Abortion Virginia Del. Kathy Tran Turns On Gov. Northam

    Northam initially apologized for the photo, although he never confirmed which costume he was wearing in the photograph. Northam said he refuses to resign because that would be the easy way out and he would be ducking his responsibility.
    Arsenal boss Emery reveals Suarez postion plans

    Arsenal boss Emery reveals Suarez postion plans

    Emery is expecting another hard test but said his players were keen to show their abilities against such strong opponents. Secondly, he played at Manchester City with the youth teams.
  • Year Of The Pig Celebrations Kick Off Chinese New Year In Colorado

    Year Of The Pig Celebrations Kick Off Chinese New Year In Colorado

    The fast food chain will hand out red envelopes to customers on Tuesday, February 5 to usher in the Year of the Pig . There's still time to get to Hong Kong to celebrate the Year of the Pig, or you could head to Manchester instead.
    Will Travis Scott Propose to Kylie Jenner at Super Bowl? Fans Wonder

    Will Travis Scott Propose to Kylie Jenner at Super Bowl? Fans Wonder

    Kylie Jenner might have just hinted at being ready to have a second child, as her recent post on Instagram suggested just that. As you can imagine, it did not take long for people to assume she was pregnant again but Kylie laughed it off soon enough.
    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry visit Bristol

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry visit Bristol

    The charity is hoping that the royal visit will help raise more awareness and funding to further help the women of Bristol . She added following the visit that Harry and Meghan had been "very moved" to hear of the women's stories.

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.